Bath Bomb Success

I recently wrote about our attempt to make bath bombs and how the first attempt had gone awry due to an issue with the recipe. We had to have another as the kids were desperate to have homemade bath bombs in their bath.

A quick search of the internet and I found a recipe that worked on The Soap Kitchen. They suggest

300g Bicarbonate of Soda

100g Citric Acid

10ml of fragrance (we used less than this)

We also added a 6yr old’s handful and a half of dried rose petals.

When mixed they gave a much better texture and held together better. I had bought small round moulds and this mixture gave us 6 balls.

They’ve been used in the bath and the verdict is mostly positive. The main negative came from me and that was that there were waaaaay too many rose petals left in the bath once they got out lol! If you have a 6yr old to use as a measuring tool, maybe suggest only 1 handful 😉

If you use this recipe please let me know how you find it. I’d love to have your views too.

One thought on “Bath Bomb Success”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.